Chincoteague Trip 2006
Yesterday, even with DSL, it took over two hours to download this year's Chincoteague photos to the web -- I can't imagine how long it would have taken with dial-up -- while the Mac was doing its thing(mercifully, without human supervision), I fed the girls, Lily watched her favorite DVD("Wee Sing in the Rock Candy Mountains"), after which the girls were changed into pajamas and put to bed.
Like last year, we chose to stay at hotel, rather than subject the others staying in "Morning Song" house to the chaos of the girls waking up in the middle-of-the-night(more often Lily than Zoe). Also, when we left home last Friday, the weather didn't appear promising. So, I figured I'd be thankful for having the use of the hotel pool. Other than at 7:00am last Saturday morning, my most optimistic, hopeful expectations were exceeded. It was absolutely splendid.
As one can see from the picture here, Lily and I would climb the Assateague Lighthouse. In addition, we would walk to the Pony Overlook on the Woodland Trail and spend some time at Memorial Park, not to mention the usual brief bits shopping and walks on the beach(one never plans to lay out in the sun at the end of October).
The hotel pool was never put to use.
Pics of the trip, can be found at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kudukhsu/sets/72157594357999564/
Labels: vacation



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home