Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Coldest Easter in 30 Years


Bundled Up at Cape May Point
Originally uploaded by oldforest
This was the tenth consecutive year that Heather and I went to Cape May for Easter. It was of course Asa's first time, Zoe's second, and Lily's third. Unlike last year, which was unbelievably nice, this year was quite cold and windy(especially at the top of the Cape May Lighthouse). It even snowed some early Saturday morning -- according to the local news it was the coldest Easter in 30 years.

While not totally devoid of fun moments, overall it was not a great trip. The girls behavior left a lot to be desired. For example, one night while at dinner at Cucina Rosa (a white table cloth restaurant), Zoe decided that she would start throwing flatware across the table at Lily. Still, it wasn't until we were almost home that the trip became truly miserable. It was about 8:00pm Easter Sunday when we were rear-ended on I-95 near the I-495 split. It's difficult to judge from the picture, and I would have thought that the air-bags should have deployed, but the impact was great enough to cause us to collide with the vehicle ahead of us. Luckily, none of us were hurt, though it wasn't immediately apparent, given how much 3 kids under 3 can cry. Certainly, not exactly how I would chosen to end a vacation...

The insurance company eventually declared my Honda Odyssey a "total loss". While waiting on their decision, the rental I drove was a Dodge Grand Caravan. It was basically like having a 10-day test drive. I am now the owner of a fully loaded model, which cost less than a bare bones version of either a Honda or Toyota.

Pics from the trip, can be viewed at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kudukhsu/sets/72157600077838604/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home