Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Long Journey Home(Wisconsin -- part 5)

We're back home -- finally. After 11 days away from home, 9 nights in Wisconsin, and a grand total of 3,381 miles driven. We pulled into the driveway in Bethesda about 7:30 last night

Had insomnia the last night in Wisconsin, probably should have known an 1,100+ drive home wouldn't be easy on 5 hours of sleep, never expected 29 hours in a mini-van though -- we did make 3-hour detours to Madison and Pittsburgh. In Madison, we had dinner with our friends Bailey(long ago he had been an assistant manager at the White Flint Borders) and Kathy, but didn't have time to catch-up a few other old friends. In Pittsburgh, we visited with Leslie, who I've known since I was in high school. She works at the Warhol Museum and she gave us an impromptu tour. It was a nice break from all the driving, and girls got a chance to stretch their legs and work out some energy. I've eaten a lot of tofu in my life, but until lunch at the museum cafe, I can't recall having barbeque tofu(I was also pretty punchy after over 20 hours in the van).

Zoe melted down so completely upon arriving home that she fell asleep with her mouth and both eyes open.

time to clear out all the things that went bad in the refrigerator...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home